- Takoe.Dev is committed to ensuring that your privacy is
protected and to processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
We will only collect and use your personal data in accordance with this privacy statement.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
AND CHANGES TO IT
- This privacy statement sets out:
- How Takoe.Dev collects, stores, shares and uses personal
information (such as information that identifies, relates to or describes you, or which is capable of
being associated with you) collected from you when you use our mobile application (the "App")
or any software, services or application programming interfaces available on or through us
("Personal Data"); and
- Details the types of Personal Data collected, stored, shared and
used and your right to control your Personal Data, ("Privacy Statement").
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to information that may be
collected by third parties who own or operate websites which link to our App or are accessible by links
from our App. While accessing those other websites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of
- If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this App or
submit Personal Data to it unless you have the consent of and are supervised by a parent or
- You should read this Privacy Statement carefully and we
recommend that you print and keep a copy of it for your future reference.
- This Privacy Statement was updated on 20th June, 2022. We
reserve the right to change and update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We recommend that you
revisit this page regularly to keep informed on the current Privacy Statement and ensure that you are
happy with any changes.
- By continuing to use this App, you confirm that you have read,
understood and agree with the entire Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your use. If you do not
agree to the entire Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your use, then you must not use this
THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
- When you use this App (including through submissions/posts in
user forums or blogs on or via this App, by accessing or browsing it or by communicating with us via
email or by signing up for newsletters, forms or other communications through it), we may collect all or
some of the following Personal Data from or about you:
- your name and title and gender and date of birth;
- your contact information including phone/mobile number/fax and
email address, device information, location and network carrier;
- your browsing activities
- where you have submitted/posted content, your submissions/posts
or blogs; and
- where you have registered with us, your user name.
- Any other information added by you on your input
- We may also collect some or all of the above types of
information from our business partners or third parties who have your consent to pass that information
on us or who may be authorised by you to authenticate or identify you to us or to sign in to our App
using credentials from that business partner or third party.
- When you submit/post content which is Personal Data on or via
the App in user forums or blogs on or accessed via this App, you agree that any such Personal Data may
be viewed by others.
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under the
age of 18 unless we have the consent to do so of the parent or guardian.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We (and third party data processors, vendors and hosting
partners who may be acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your Personal Data for the
- to make this App available, to customise it, to provide content
tailored to individual requirements; to understand your needs and provide you with improved products and
services, newsletters and other communications and to enable others to view submissions/posts and blogs
- to maintain any registered accounts that you may hold with us
and to provide you with updates or notifications of changes to your account;
- for our internal record keeping requirements including
collection of anonymised details about visitors to our App to compile aggregate statistics or produce
- with your agreement, to contact you about our or our business
partners' promotions, products and services or other information which we think you may find
interesting, offers, or for customer satisfaction purposes;
- for market research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk
management and administrative purposes (including diagnosing technology problems which may be reported
to us); and
- for any purposes related to the above or where we have a legal
right or duty to use or disclose your Personal Data (including for abuse, crime and fraud prevention and
- In terms of sharing, disclosing or transferring your Personal
Data to third parties (together, "Disclose" or "Disclosing"), except as set out in
this Privacy Statement, we will not Disclose your Personal Data unless we have your permission or unless
we are required to do so to:
- comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law
enforcement body; or
- investigate, prevent or take action against suspected illegal
activities (including fraud or where the personal safety of another person may be threatened) or
- establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal
- If we become aware that we have collected or been sent Personal
Data from a person under the age of 18 without the consent of the parent or guardian, we will deactivate
the relevant account as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- In the event that a third party proposes to acquire all or some
of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data to that third party in connection with
their proposed or actual acquisition. In the event that we become insolvent or we are in any similar
situation, we may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties as part of a business or asset sale
carried out where such disclosure is lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We reserve the right to retain your Personal Data, any other
information which we have collected and any content that you have submitted to the extent required by
applicable laws and as we may require for operational and legal purposes.
- We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is
- In order to minimise the risk that there is unauthorised access
to or Disclosure of your Personal Data, we put in place where practicable appropriate physical,
electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure it.
- Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal
Data that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be secure. For your
security, you should:
- if using a computer in a public location, always log out and
close the website browser when you complete your online session;
- keep your account details and passwords private;
- frequently change your password;
- avoid using the same password for multiple online
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THEIR
- Your use of other websites which are owned and operated by third
parties and are accessed by links from this App is not governed by this Privacy Statement and we do not
control any of those other websites.
- Once you use the links from this App to access those other
websites, we are not responsible for the privacy of any data that you provide while using them.
- You should review the privacy policies applicable to those other
websites and ask any questions or raise any concerns about their collection or use of your Personal Data
with that website operator.
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AND ACCESS TO IT
- You may request details of the Personal Data that we hold about
you under the Data Protection Act 1998 or amendments to such details if they are inaccurate or
incomplete. We may charge you a small administration fee to respond to your request.
- You have the choice to restrict our collection or use of your
Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you are asked by us to accept a cookie or to fill in a form
on the App, look for your cookie settings and the area that you can click to indicate your preference as
to use your Personal Data for marketing or other purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to accept a cookie, then you may
change your mind at any time disabling or deleting the cookie or amending your cookie settings.
- You have the choice as to whether we use your Personal Data to
send you promotional or other information about third parties or us. If you consent but later change
your mind to receiving such communications, you may contact us and we will cease such activity.